Vacuum Cleaners in Kenya
Vacuum cleaners are electrical machines that by means of suction collect dust and small particles from floors and other surfaces. They are one of the most essential kits for any house owner.
As the fastest and most simple way of cleaning your house, it’s important to buy the right type of vacuum cleaner that fits into your home: you need the right combination of power, maneuverability, and accessories.
There are various types of vacuum cleaners which include: vacuum cleaners, canister, drum, wet/dry, pneumatic, backpack, hand-held, robotic, cyclonic, and central constellation vacuum cleaners.
Vacuum cleaners usually come with the following four tools: dusting brush, crevice tool, and extension wand, and upholstery tool. There are various models of vacuum cleaners such as bagless, bagged, upright, and cylinder vacuum cleaners.
Factors to Consider when Purchasing Vacuum Cleaners in Kenya
- Look at the machine’s ease to steer, lift, and pull.
- Measure how noisy the machine is in decibels recorded at the head level.
- Ability to clean on the stairs.
Look at how easy it is to clean on stairs using the tools provided. Pay attention to how long the detachable hose is and how easy it is to carry the vacuum cleaner when needed.
- Ability to clean the edges.
Look at how well the machine cleans up to the edge of skirting boards before you resort to specialist crevice tools.
- Ability to clean the hard floor.
Look at how well the vacuum cleaner sucks dust-up from crevices and gaps in flooring.
- Accessories included in the machine.
Check to see what accessories are included, how well they work, and how versatile the machine is. For example, some vacuum cleaners are good at specific jobs, while others have lots of tools that make them open to variety.
- Look at the cord length on corded vacuum cleaners, the battery life on cordless models, and how to easy it is to empty bagless models.
Uses of Vacuum Cleaners in Kenya
- To keep allergies away from the house
Open windows and doors can become hot spots for dust and pollen. Use the brush to clear the door truck and windows thus getting rid of this problem.
Vacuum cleaners are important tools to suck up anything that may irritate you. A vacuum cleaner that has a HEPA filter is most suitable for this. They prevent small particles from escaping your clean and being blown around. This ensures that everything that irritates you will be deposited into the bin or bag.
- To clear the washing machine’s lint filter
Use the vacuum brush to clean the washing machine’s lint screen. Make the task easier by attaching the vacuum’s crevice tool.
- Cleaning a crumby keyboard
To do this, attach the crevice tool and vacuum the keyboard itself. In the same way, clean to lift the remaining crumbs. You can also saturate a cotton swab into rubbing alcohol for a better result.
- To catch crumbs at a glance.
Reach those places like shelves on the refrigerator door or under the grates in your toaster and stove. Whisk away hard to reach crumbs using the vacuum’s crevice tool.
- Making your home smell great.
Dip a cotton ball with your favorite perfume or essential oil. Then, drop it into your vacuum cleaner bag. While you vacuum, the scent will gently release itself. It freshens up the air of the room. In addition, there is best shark vacuum to keep your home neat and clean.
How to use a Vacuum Cleaner
- Examine the area of the vacuum where it deposits dirt. In older vacuums, there is a bag while in the new ones, it is often a removable and reusable canister. If the bag is full, it needs to be changed and if it is a reusable container, it should be emptied as soon as possible. This is because if the deposit area is full the vacuum will not be able to pick up dirt effectively.
- Check the vacuums height. Most vacuums have an adjustable indicator for carpets of various lengths. If your vacuum has one, make sure it is set to the appropriate length of the carpet. If it is set too high, it will not have enough suction and if set too low, it won’t have sufficient airflow.
- Move all smaller items out of the vacuum’s way. Even if you do not plan to move the
Furniture when using the vacuum, remove the smaller items that can be moved easily.
- Turn the vacuum cleaner on and push it forward and backwards over your carpet slowly. If the vacuum cleaner is moved too quickly, it won’t pick up dirt.
- Use the vacuum cleaner’s attachments such as the simple hose with exchangeable ends, to clean edges of the furniture and at the corners. Most vacuum cleaners have a series of attachments for these sorts of jobs. It is advisable to do this extra bit of cleaning so that the normal airflow of your room doesn’t push unwanted dirt into the newly cleaned areas.
How to Maintain Vacuum Cleaners
- Replace the bag regularly
To keep the machine working at its best, replace the bag when its 2/3 full, not when it’s completely filled with dirt. Debris needs room to enter the bad, and if there is already a large accumulation of debris inside, there will be no room for what the vacuum cleaner picks hence will no longer work efficiently as it should.
One way to know that the bag is full or getting close to it is when you vacuum an area and find it covered in debris that was not there before. This happens because the bag is full and debris escaped and made its way back to the carpet.
Another way to know is when you notice that the vacuum cleaner suction isn’t as strong as it should be.
- Ensure that the bag is properly attached.
The method of attaching a bag differs from model to model. However, one thing remains constant- you need to ensure that the opening of the bag is securely on the nozzle, if there are hooks, clips or holders, firmly attach them in place as well. If the bag is not properly attached, the debris may not enter the bag as it should but instead fills the inside of the vacuum cleaner. This damages the cleaner, as the moving parts will not do their job as effectively as they should. And once this happens, it is virtually impossible to get all the dirt out of the machine.
With so many different brands, models and types of vacuum cleaners, attaching the bag may be somehow difficult especially for people doing it for the first time.
- Empty bagless models often.
Many bagless machines have a marker indicating when to empty the receptacle. This is beneficial, but even if the debris hasn’t reached the marker, it’s still advisable to empty the receptacle anyway. It’s advisable to empty it after every use. Do not let the debris and dirt settle within the unit. Depending on the bagless unit, you may rinse out the receptacle with water to make sure all its dirt has been removed.
- Clean the brush roll.
Check the brush roll of the vacuum cleaner occasionally. Overtime, certain items such as hair and string can get wrapped around the roll and prevent it from spinning as well as it should. You can either remove these objects while the roll is in place or you can remove the roll.
- Check the belt
After checking the brush roll, check the belt, which keeps the roll in place. If the belt isn’t tight against the roll, it may be time to change it. Check to see if it is stretched out, narrow or frayed. Ensure that the belt hasn’t slid out of place or become damaged in a particular spot.
If you are replacing the belt; remove the roll, slide the belt off and then slide the new belt on.
- Check the filters and hoses
Most new vacuum cleaner models, have filters attached to help pick up particles that may contaminate your indoor air quality. If your vacuum cleaner has a filter, clean and replace it periodically. Sometimes, hoses get large objects trapped inside them. This leads to the hose attachment not working well.
- Take the vacuum cleaner to the shop.
If you notice a problem with your machine and cannot determine its source, always take it to a vacuum cleaner shop. These shops are generally inexpensive and the clerk can fix your vacuum cleaner problem
Advantages of Vacuum Cleaners
- Save time and energy
Cleaning with this machine is not only hygienic but also more secure than cleaning manually using a broom. With vacuum cleaners, you can achieve the purpose of thorough cleaning within the shortest time possible. They are fast and easy to use. In addition, one needs less effort and energy to handle vacuum cleaners.
- Remove allergens from breathing air.
Vacuum cleaners are equipped with filters such as HEPA which blocks and removes airborne disease-causing germs, viruses, and bacteria that may be present in your home.
- Removes pet hair.
These machines are experts in removing pet hair which is usually stuck in piles of the carpet. Due to their high suction power, they remove pet hair as well as bad odors from carpets.
- Easy to use.
Installing and usage of vacuum cleaners is quite easy. You just need to plug them into an electricity socket and move them as they clean the floor.
- Vacuum cleaners come with advanced features.
The newer ones have a series of sophisticated features making cleaning easy. Furthermore, with vacuum cleaners with advanced features, one always gets the benefit of having an automatic surface revealing sensors to ascertain and work effectively.
- Discern the quantity of dirt and set settings
If you buy the robotic vacuum cleaner, you get the benefit of setting up the available alternatives robotically. Moreover, the vacuum cleaner will become aware of the amount of work and dirt accordingly. Therefore, you are not required to operate the machine physically.
- Vacuum cleaners are low cost tools.
You get to obtain the advantage of saving time and energy by spending less. Due to the fact that vacuum cleaners are low cost tools, you will always get advancement towards any term.
- The machine clean your home even when you are away.
The robotic vacuum cleaners will clean your home even when you are not there because of their advanced features that makes them work robotically.
Disadvantages of vacuum cleaners
- Heavy to lift.
Vacuum cleaners are bulky and cumbersome machines that are often hard to move around the home. In case of upright vacuum cleaners, it is almost impossible to move up and downstairs.
- Running electricity bill.
Depending on the vacuum cleaner model, the machine uses hundreds to thousands of watts of electricity. This definitely increases the cost of electricity at your home.
- No reusable dustbin bags.
You have to buy reusable dustbin bags when you want to clean your home or other places because some vacuum cleaners do not offer them.
- Require a lot of space to be stored.
They are manufactured in a fairly large size hence storing them requires a big place.
Frequently Asked Questions about Vacuum Cleaners in Kenya
- What type of vacuum cleaner is best for stairs?
A cordless handheld is the best for stairs but most modern vacuum cleaners are equipped with an extension hose that stretches over a few meters to easily clean stairs.
- When should I wash vacuum cleaner filters?
Washable filters should be cleaned every month with heavy usage and between 1-4 months with occasional usage.
- What are the best accessories included with a new vacuum cleaner?
A crevice tool is a must-have for tight spaces. Additional attachments such as an upholstery tool for sofas, to lift ingrained dirt are great for easier cleaning.
- How do I clean a washable vacuum filter?
Use lukewarm running water when washing the filter and rinse it until the water runs dry. The filter should be allowed to dry naturally for 24-28 hours.
- How often should a HEPA filter be changed?
Most HEPA filters should last about 3 years and will need replacing after this time to maintain maximum filtration. Check the filters for potential filter damage at least once a year.
Vacuum cleaners are one of the best inventions for household chores. But most times people fail to realize its importance. It is possible to do many things rather than just vacuuming the floor. Additionally, they save a lot of time and cleaning efforts as well. It is important to buy the right type of vacuum cleaner for your home. . However, these devices need to be properly maintained so as to work effectively and efficiently.